If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, January 20, 2007

Might not escape, this time.....

The last three snow storms have pretty much passed us by, but this time we MIGHT catch one! The predicted amount is anywhere from 3" to 9", depending on which weather gypsie you listen to. So far thier track record isn't good! I let the chickens out yesterday and today, but they will be staying in the coop for the next 2-3 days!

I am in the process of building a "kid can" for my goats. It is, basically, a 55 gallon drum with a hole in the side near the bottom. The hole is big enough for the kid to crawl through, but small enough so that the mom can't get in. I will put a lamp in the top so it will be nice and toasty warm in there for the baby. Once I fasten it to a wall, it won't be able to be knocked over. A nice, comfey place for a newborn! I don't expect an "new arrivals" soon, but it won't be long! Deb's dad in Missouri has two new ones that arrived last night.

I started to take a few bolts out of my Dearborn Cordwood Saw. I am planning to use "electroysis" to remove rust, crud and old paint from the small parts. It will clean them up nice and "new". It is a simple process and requires only basic materials, a plastic tote, and a battery charger.

We had Bar-b-que BEEF ribs today for lunch! I seared them and put them into the crockpot yesterday morning. Last night at about 9:30 I took them out and peeled most of the fat off and removed the bones. This morning, Deb poured "Cookie's" Bar-b-que sauce on them and baked them for another 1 1/2 hors. They were down right TASTEY! Can't wait for the other half tomorrow noon! The dogs are in heaven with all the fat and bones. All in all, a pretty good chunk of dead cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment