If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, January 27, 2007

One of these days.....


It's been nice the past few days, so I was able to do some things outside for a bit. The 6" of snow didn't last long, and is mostly gone since we had temps in the 30's for the passed 3 days. Yesterday it was 43°!

Today, however, is a different story! It may be 28° but the windchill is 13°! It is supposed to be cold for the next couple of weeks.

I have a goat that is due to kid some time soon. She was hard to tell last time, when I knew a bred date. She is looking like she did last year just before kidding, but she like to keep it a secret! This year I don't know when she was bred, so I'm just going by the "signs". I penned her up inside the barn, just in case. With this wind, I don't want her out in the snow with a baby on the way!

I tinkered with my 1946 Chevy truck the other day. I got it to spin over, but there is no spark. I didn't think there would be, but figured to try! I will need to replace the cap, rotor, plugs, points, etc, before I go to much further. I also want to replace a lot of the old wires - just in case! It will have to wait until warmer weather, but at lest I know she ain't stuck! It has the original 235 still installed. It would be nice to get it running this spring.

I spent some time in my wood shop this week, too! It gets nice and toasty in there when I fire up the "Earth Stove" I have in there. We bought the stove 8 or 9 years ago from a neighbor. He bought it from someone and intended to install it in his house. His insurance agent told him that he couldn't cover him with it installed in his home, so he sold it to us for $30. Oddly enough, the man's house caught on fire a couple weeks later - caused by an electric stove! Anyway - My niece got married last November (in Texas) and sent out photos to everyone in December. Deb made a couple "layouts" (go to dapperdoxie.com and click on her blog) with the photos. We sent the layout and a small wooden Jewelry Box I made for her. They should get them Tuesday or Wednesday of next week! Hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment