If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, June 4, 2007

It's Been awhile......

It has been awhile since I last posted! It's been an eventful month. I have been busy with planting a little corn and milo, putting in fence, working with my goats and other assorted things. Not to mention the 10 days that I was sick in May - part of it over Memorial Day Weekend!

My sister and I have been able to get most of the posts in on the new fenceline. We SHOULD finish up this next week. It has taken nearly 2 months, but the end is in sight - at least for putting posts in - next comes the wire, but it might have to wait until this Fall or next Spring.

My sister has been a HUGE help to us around here, she has helped me do a lot of things that I could not do by myself. A couple people have said that we are "using her" , but they just don't get it. If they were really concerned about much of anything except their public image, then they would be over here lending a hand so I wouldn't be "abusing" my sister. I haven't even asked my sister for help - she just "does" out of kindness and family values. I guess those values are just plain foreign to some people.

Some time in the next few days we will have to bale hay. There is a chance for rain all week, so we will have to work it in.



I have recieved a few e-mails about the Black Walnut "poles" I was wanting to use. Just to clear a couple of things up - the ones I cut down were only about 6" to 8" in diameter. On a Walnut tree, the dark wood is in the core of the tree, and surrounded by "sweetwood" that is white. On a 6" tree, the dark wood is only about 2" - 3" thick at the base and gets thinner as you go up the tree. These trees were cut because they would not get much bigger around and were already 50'+ feet tall. I had them thinned so the others would have room to grow. I HAVE cut up a couple older Walnut trees for the wood, but most of the ones I have growing are too small for any wood working projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment