If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm FINALLY back!

It has been a long eventful summer! I've not been posting as I should, and we've decided to move the website. More on that later.
I'll post more in the coming days to get caught up on this summer's happenings around here. Right now, I'll start with today.
I recently put up a flyer in the local Farm Store. I was asking for small rocks and barn tin - among other items. We live in an area that has an abundance of "glacial stones". Just about every farmer here has a pile of them that have been picked up out of their fields over the years. I needed some "fist sized" rocks for a new driveway into my barn.
Last night, I had a man call and offer me some he had in his yard. He wanted the large rocks (the ones people use as yard art) to sell, but told me I could have the smaller ones. This morning we went down and threw the small ones into the pickup.
Some of the larger ones I will use later, but here is a photo of the fist size and slightly larger ones in front of the barn. I still need about 3 more loads like this, but it is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment