If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, December 3, 2007

A house guest....

Last night, my wife comes into my office and tells me she has been hearing strange noises from outside her office window. She told me that it sounded like "whining", but she wasn't sure. I told her that is was just Bigfoot and to go away.....
Since it was kinda cold out (mid 20's) and heading to the teens, I decided to take a look. I turned on the porch light, opened the door, and in walks a Basset Hound like she owns the place! She has a collar, but no tags. This is the second dog in recent weeks that has paid us a visit, a first for this one. The other dog wouldn't get within 30' of us, so this one was different.



She came in and made herself to home - her first stop was a gallon ice cream bucket full of dog food. She ate like she was hungry, but not STARVING. Once her tummy was full, she settled down on a dog bed my wife has in her office and went to sleep.

I decided to call the sheriff and report her in case someone was looking for her. Since it was 8:30 at night, and a small department, I got to talk to the dispatcher. She told me that no-one had called in looking for a dog. She made the comment that it sounded a lot like a dog she used to have. She told me her dog's name was "Daisy". Just for fun, I called the dog by the name - AND SHE CAME RUNNING! Since my wife had posted a picture of Daisy on her blog (dapperdoxie.com) I asked the dispatcher to go online and take a look.

After seeing the photo, she said it was definitely Daisy. It seems that between her and her boyfriend, they had 4 dogs. Their neighbors didn't like Daisy's loud bark, so they gave her to a guy who lived about 3/4 of a mile from our place. We've since heard that he didn't take good care of his animals and even that they had moved out and abandoned them. At any rate - at least these two dogs have been running around loose.

The dispatcher's boyfriend called about 1/2 hour later and told us they would come out this evening and take Daisy home. I hope that this time they can either keep her with them or find a GOOD home for her. She is a sweet, friendly dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment