If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, February 11, 2008

I put on a few pounds......

Well, actually, my TRACTOR did! I decided to get some liquid put in my tires to add some weight to the rear-end to counter-weght the front end loader I have. It ended up being about 450 pounds per side. That should help IMMENSELY.

I loaded up the tractor onto my neighbor's trailer last night so I would be ready to go first thing this morning. I got done with chores and ended up making it to town before 8:00. I was lucky, I just un-hooked the rear chains and they jacked the tractor up while it was still on the trailer so they could spin the valve stems to the top. It was a cold morning, with the windchills in the -5° range, but the tire guy alnost seemed like he enjoyed it! He had them filled and I was on my way in 45 minutes.

We also managed to go retrieve more materials from the shed we are tearing down. It is REALLY slow going, but an hour or two a day makes a dent, anyway!

I even came home with about 1600' of barbed wire today! I was in at the tire store talking to another guy. He had some rolls of used barb wire in his pickup that he was going to "throw in the scrap pile". I told him that I'd take it. It is still nice and shiney galvanised, not even rusted. He had it around his "garden" to keep out the deer, but decided to take it down. It ended up being 4 "rolls", each about 400' long.

It was a nice find and will come in handy. Those kinds of things I can handle. Free stuff and I didn't have to lift a finger to get it, other then toss it into the truck! Guess it's a case of "being in the right place, at the right time", thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment