If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, February 8, 2008

Oh Happy day.....

Well, today was the day!
A few weeks ago we bought a new couch and a recliner from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha. We set up the delivery for this morning. The truck arrived at 7:10 this morning, and by 7:30 they had both new pieces in place and even moved our old couch onto the front porch!

This is the first NEW couch and chair that we have bought in the 16 1/2 years we have been married. The dogs love how comfy they are! We bought the last couch at an auction over 10 years ago. It came with a loveseat and recliner, but both of them have long since gone to the Great Furniture Warehouse in the sky. They served well while we had them, but these are MUCH nicer! You can visit my wife's blog for a bit more and a couple of photos.

Now, with the couch on the front porch, we can sit on it and watch the cars go by on the road, just like real Hillbillys! I think i'm gonna have to pull a couple teeth, just for "effect"!

I'm kinda disappointed, too. We have a "barn" cat that has decided to adopt us and wants to become a "house" cat. We've had her since she was a pup, but she just started to figure out the dog door this passed summer. Now she comes in and sleeps on a rug we keep on a cabinet in the utility room for her. She is a very friendly cat and even goes outside to do her "business" (we've NEVER found a cat mess in the house - so far).
The thing I'm disappointed about is - last week we bought her a toy mouse that has a bell on it's tail. The "mouse" is stuffed with catnip. We brought it home and gave it to her. She sniffed at it and has IGNORED it ever since! To top it all off - the stupid BELL doesn't even work! Good thing it was only a couple $$......

I also managed to come up with a couple hundred feet of 3/4" plastic water pipe and some odds-n-ends of other PVC pipe. I don't have any idea what I'll use it all for - YET - but I'll figure out something.

We even were able to come up with about 30 sliding panels from vinyl patio doors. I don't know what these will be, but I'm sure I'll think of SOMETHING. They all have tempered glass and are clear, with no coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment