If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hallelujah! ..Praise God and Pass the Peanut Butter!

Actually - I really can't stand Peanut Butter.....

My mom used to get the creamy kind, you know, the kind that would stick to the roof of your mouth and glue your teeth together.....

Then, one day, she discovered chunky. This was better, but still on the inedible side of the food chain. It still TASTED the same, just wasn't as hard to eat.

It's really odd....I never have liked the taste of peanut butter, but I like Peanut Butter cookies. It must have something to do with the sugar and spices in them....or maybe those nifty little marks on the top you always make with a fork....I dunno....

My wife LOVES the stuff. She can spread some on crackers - with or with out jelly - or even ruin perfectly good celery by filling it with the stuff. I guess the difference is, she buys the EXTRA crunchy kind. It's sorta like eating peanuts with thick peanut sauce holding them together. Think of brown Spackle, with chunks....

She has an uncle who always talks about how good Peanut Butter Pie is. I get the shivers just THINKING about it. He usually takes the whole pie when he finds one. I never put up a fight - he can have it, as far as I'm concerned.

I can sit down and graze through a jar of whole, salted peanuts and not stop until it's time for supper. I love the occasional Peanut Log candy bar. Snickers used to be my bar of choice - until they became so sweet, I had to give them up. Peanuts in some Chinese dishes are excellent. I've even had fresh peanuts, right out of the roaster - in Georgia, of all places (who whoulda thunk?). They were, as they say, "to die for". My dad even planted some peanuts, years ago - in NEBRASKA.

Peanuts are great but, old Mr Carver's invention can take a hike. My siblings used to eat a slimy concoction made with toast, bananas, butter, Peanut Butter, and Honey. It was a nasty, gooey, mess - and sweet enough to kill you.

My wife LOVES to fry homemade bread, then spread Peanut Butter and Honey on it.

There was a period of about 3 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes, and 14.6 seconds, that I actually thought this concoction was GOOD. Then I came back to my senses and just about choke when I even THINK about it.

My wife thought it odd that I bought a box of those Little Debbie snack cakes that have peanut butter and jelly in between two of their "world famous" oatmeal cookies. I will admit, it shocked me too. They were actually fairly good. The second box, however, is starting to taste a little too much like peanut butter.....

Some people think the stuff is great! Hey, more power to them! As for me? I wouldn't miss it if it were "UN-invented". The world is a sticky enough place without having to worry about your mouth being glued shut....

Oh Yeah.....

The Hallelujah part....

PRAISE GOD!

We sold our farm! We closed this afternoon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment