If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Found on Road.....

Well - today, Deb and I had to make a trip to the big city (Lincoln) to do some shopping. It was a "spur of the moment" kind of thing. Since it was 65° today, it was a good day to do it.

On the way back, Deb is talking about cameras, lenses, F-stops, and other such things......

I was keeping an eye on the shoulders and ditches to see if there was anything out there that needed "rescued"....

Normally, at 60 MPH, you have to have a pretty good eye to spot most things. I happen to have been given 20/200 vision (without glasses), so it's lucky that I can find my way home, let alone see something in the grader ditch at highway speeds....

Today, I noticed something, and let off the gas so we could turn around. Deb, naturally - didn't know what I was doing. Mostly because she doesn't scan the roadsides like I do.
I whipped the car around - Starsky & Hutch style (ok, I did a "5 point" turn in the middle of the road....), and headed back the other direction. When I pulled up beside my prize, it took a bit for Deb to see it, even standing still. I got out, picked it up, and she said "All this hullabaloo for THAT?"

Here's what I found:



The whole thing is about 6 1/2' long. It has two broken tines, but I can replace them.

It might not seem like much, but it's a handy little hay rake to have around.

At least ONE of us was glad we stopped to pick it up....

No comments:

Post a Comment