If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Admission...

Winter is (almost) here by the calender. Since the weather usually never actually FOLLOWS the calender, it has started to turn cold early.

Now, in a "normal" year, this would not be a problem. THIS year, however, it poses a severe medical problem for me - one with no known cure.

I am here to stand up and say - Hi, my name is Scrounger, and I'm a Farmallaholic....

I have a severe case, too - my addiction goes back to childhood. I THOUGHT I had it under control. I hadn't been bothered by it in years. Oh, there was an occasional "flair up", but I was able to control myself (ok LACK OF FUNDS controlled it for me...).

Then IT happened.

A Farmall F-20 showed up in my driveway. It was in pieces, but that didn't matter. It might of actually FUELED me to work on it because it WAS such a daunting task. To make matters worse, it was a later model, one that came from the factory painted (my favorite color) Farmall RED.

Not that I would have turned it down if it were the older "Battleship" Grey IH had used before then - until they found out Red sells better. I'm still on the lookout for an older McCormick-Deering machine I can play with.....I mean WORK on.

The way I see it, if it was grey, then it would help me "ease out" of my addiction, and get back to "normal". So you see, I NEED a grey tractor to help me recover.

This is how "bad" I've become:

Levers and Clamps

Freshly painted parts on the back porch. These are actually dry so I COULD take them out and put them on the shelf beside the rest of them. But then they'd be COLD....and they look so pretty where they are. Besides, I have to protect them from those evil cats.

To make it even WORSE - these are some I painted this morning, hanging from my wife's soap drying rack on the porch (ok, I'm not THAT far gone - I painted them outside, then brought them in to dry....):

Fresh (Wet) Paint

At least I haven't kicked the soap off.....yet.

PLEASE, before I get into real trouble -

Somebody send me a grey tractor before I do something stupid....

No comments:

Post a Comment