If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gideon's Cat

I've noticed this tom cat we have doing this several times over the past few months. Every time I take out some milk for them, he's opposed to getting his whiskers wet, and decides to "scoop" up the milk, and lick it from his paw.



I've also noticed that he's training the little yellow kitten right next to him in the video....

It' reminded us of how God chose Gideon's Army to fight the Midianites in the Bible (Judges), by having them go to the brook and take a drink of water - those who scooped it up with their hands were chosen (300 of them), those who lapped it up with their mouths, were sent home.

I have been trying to get a video of this cat for over a month now, but he keeps avoiding the camera - especially if I started to talk (that's why there is no "narration" to the video...).

This time, though, I kept silent, and he held up his end of the bargain, and started dipping.

I just hope I'm not in store for another 299 crazy cats for a furrball "army" -

I have enough goofball critters around here as it is....

1 comment:

  1. By the looks of all the cats in the video, you may only need another fifty or so to get to the 300 mark; then he'll just have to train them!

    ReplyDelete