If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting ready for fence

I've been out in the "forest" over the past few days. I need to build a couple of fences so I can enlarge my pasture. I am only able to work at it for an hour or so, then go back to the house for a couple hours, then back for a couple more hours of "fun". I maaged to cut a swath in the ever-present cedar trees about 35' wide. The worst part was trying to get rid of the "bodies" after I cut them down. I planned to pile them in a small ditch for burning, but there were so many trees in the way I had a hard time getting them to the ditch! I had to cut a few, drag a few, cut a few, drag a few......A lot of it was "tractor work" so it wasn't too bad. This first photo iwas taken after I had cut down enough trees to make a "path" so I could cut down more. I was working toward another ditch that I have to cross with the fence. In all, I had to cut a path at least 35' wide and about 125' long.




After a lot of shoving and cutting, this is what it looks like now:





I'm not straight with the world in the photo, but the fenceline will be just to the left of the big tree in the center of the photo. One of these days, I'll get the rest finished so I can cut hedge posts and put a fence together! Here's what it looks like from the opposite end.

No comments:

Post a Comment