If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Holy Cow!

It's only been 3 days and I'm posting again (my head hurts.....)! I have been trying to "spruce up" the place in the past few days, before I decide it is time to start on more fence. I just brought home another 40 pallets, so I am up to over 170! I have enough pallets to build the big barn, but I need to find some more 2x6's, 2x4's and plywood. I THINK I will have enough tin when I get at a neighbor's barn that has fallen in. I also updated my last entry with a couple of photos of my newest fence project.

I need to get at one of the manure spreaders I found. I cleaned out the barn today and need something to spread it with. I want to spread it on my hay field, but will probably pile it for now and hope the chickens leave it alone!

We also have 5 new chicks that were born over the past 6 days! There MIGHT be more, but we will wait and see.

I also brought home a stack of lumber from another farm near here. It was from part of an old barn roof from a barn that was torn down. There are several good 14' 1x6's and 2x6's. It's all Full Dimension lumber. I plan on using this bit for my trailer, but most will go for the new barn (when I get to build it!). I need to get the trailer ready to go so I don't have to borrow the neighbor's all the time. He's been wonderful about letting me use his, but I want to get mine ready so I won't have to bother him!

No comments:

Post a Comment