If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, June 21, 2009

So.....

....there I was.

I had just spent the better part of the last hour servicing the tractor, servicing the sickle mower, and getting the mower hooked up. I even decided to replace a couple of bolts while I was at it.

I wanted to be READY to go mow the roadsides by our place. I was even gonna be nice and mow our new neighbors. They live in the Big City and are only here on weekends. They don't have a sickle mower, so I thought I'd zip it for them.

Yup I was GONNA be nice.....

Well - after all that work in the hot sun (89°), I gets all hooked up and head for the road. Just as I hit the end of the driveway, I look over my fence and I see it....

Mowed...

Mowed Road....

The mowed road sides that someone ELSE was nice and mowed for me.

I went over this morning at 10:30 to feed our neighbor's cats while they're gone, so I KNOW it was needing done then....

While I was working on the tractor and mower, I THOUGHT that I heard a tractor go by slow. I didn't think much of it because it happens all the time.

I think I know who cut it for us - he and his dad have cut it before without even being asked. I was all fired up and raring to go at it, but it was sure nice to have it done for us!

I think I'm gonna go hook up the haybine - and take awhile doing it - in hopes that someone will start cutting my hay for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment