If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, June 13, 2008

We had another visit....

Since I had taken so long between posts, I forgot about my Aunt and cousin visiting last Monday!

I had just spoken to my Aunt Vernabelle on Sunday about the storms in and around Omaha over the weekend.

Then Monday noon, her and my cousin Pam stopped by for a visit. Pam was in town to decorate her father's grave at the cemetery. They stayed for a couple of hours.
We had a nice talk about cheese making, family history, relation, and several other topics. It was unexpected, but a nice visit.

Last night I got up at 2:00 am and turned off the yogurt maker. It was SEMI-firm, but not totally firm. I figured it was "done enough", so turned it off and put the yogurt in the fridge.

This morning, we had fresh home-made yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. We probably need to make it more often....

Right now, we are in the middle of making Mozzarella cheese. Since we're having home made pizza this weekend, we need fresh cheese for it.

I can't wait....

We MIGHT let the goats out into "The Jungle" this afternoon. I don't have a shelter built for them yet, but that won't take very long. They can at least get used to the place and start eating the "goodies".

Fresh Mozzarella is SO good....

4 comments:

  1. Glad the yogurt turned out good. It's always nice to have some fresh made and with nice fruit like strawberries. Sounds good.
    The cheese sounds good too.

    I bet the goats will love it out in the new area. There will be such "goodies" out there.

    Glad you made it through the storms ok. We had over 2 inches of rain yesterday. There were no tornados here but they said there were 2 up near Unionville that touched down in a field. Hopefully the weather will settle down soon.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh LOVE that cheese, can I be a pig and eat most of it? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do, and I'll hafta break your fingers........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah right....don't believe you! Your way to nice for that, besides remember...I'm meaner! *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete