If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, November 11, 2010

How To Torture A Cow

It is - apparently - getting on towards winter around here. All the critters are whining about having enough to eat.

Of course, they do THAT right after they stuff their faces, too, not matter the time of year.

Well, this morning, I bribed Mabel and Daisy with a flake of Alfalfa, and snookered them into the small pen by the barn. They thought they were getting treats - until the gate slammed shut behind them. That's when they realized something was "up".

They watched intently as I backed the trailer up to the gate into the other pen (the one I just chased them out of...), and rolled off a large round bale. The alfalfa helped, but they wanted to tear into that nice, fresh bale, just out of their reach. They grumbled, snorted, stamped their feet, and even moo'ed loudly - all to no avail - the bale was on the wrong side of the fence.

Hay Bale

There it was, sitting patiently in it's little ring, waiting for them to molest it, but they were trapped behind a fence.

Oh, the evil stares I got!

Cow Torture

It was a matter of so close, and yet, so far.

If Looks Could Kill....

When I DID open the gate, the two obstinate bovine just stared at me as if to say "FINE! We DON'T WANT it anymore!" Of course, they gave in and trotted (ran) over to "partake".

At LAST....

They were MUCH happier this afternoon, since they spent the day munching away at the poor bale. Hopefully, it will last them for at least 3 weeks.

After all that, we went to another town for awhile today. I'm at a loss for words over this guy we saw riding a bicycle through town:

Uh.....

And it's not even a full moon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment