If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Got it home!

Since it was such a nice day - light breeze and temps in the 50's - we decided that it would be a great time to bring the grain bin home. We found that it wasn't even bolted down. A neighbor lowered it down with his tractor and we slid it onto a 10' trailer. It was fairly muddy out, but we were able to do it without getting stuck.
The worst part was trying to slide it onto the trailer. The metal flaps on the feeder just didn't want to cooperate! We ended up "winching" it on with a tie-down strap.
Now, I need to cut the feeder off and turn the cone over to make a funnel for the bottom.
It is now sitting on it's side on a couple pallets until I can work on it.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want my "Chicken farm" to be layed out. It will consist of a 10x20 shed that will be the main chicken house, the 12x18 brooder/? house a covered fenced area for some turkeys and the grain bin. Gotta get it done before too long so I can get everything situated. I still need to get the small brooder shed moved, but hopefully, that will be able to be done this week - if the weather holds.
Gonna be a fun spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment