If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Green Eggs and Ham?

Ok, it's not EXACTLY Dr. Seuss....and I guess it would be more appropriately called "Green Oatmeal and Bugs".....



Actually, it is regular Oatmeal, raisins, and unprocessed Stevia.

We visited an Amish store a few weeks back, and bought a pound or so, of this Stevia. We are used to the "processed" kind - and it's usually white. This was still green - like the herb that it is.

The problem with it is - it turns everything it touches GREEN. That's ok on St Patrick's Day but, the rest of the year it's kinda odd. Didn't George Carlin have a bit about eating green things? Oh well, at least the "bugs" in this oatmeal don't crunch when you bite into them......

Today was the day I FINALLY got the grain wagon emptied into the bin. It was MUCH easier this time, since my neighbor gave me a longer auger that would reach all the way to the dirt bank beside the barn.



The pallets under the auger are where my shorter auger goes to.

Every time I add grain to the bin, it draws a crowd of the feather dusters. They are ALWAYS looking for a cheap meal. Since the auger always spits out a few strays, a large crowd gathers to catch them.

Like everything else, this garners the cat's attention. Only THIS time, the cats aren't interested in the food. They just come to watch the chickens make fools of themselves.....



They like to sit in the window of the barn and watch the "side show" going on outside. I SWEAR I can hear them laughing at the crazy "El Pollo Loco" bunch running around like chickens with their heads.....well.....you get the idea.....

I'm just glad the GOATS haven't found out about the show.....

No comments:

Post a Comment