If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walking The Dog

Since it's been incredibly nice out the past few days - temps in the 50's and 60's - my lovely wife likes to take the two dogs out for a "romp" up the hill and around the hayfield.

Autumn & Peaches

These two, especially the Little Red Rocket, just LOVE to zip around the grass and chase whatever (if anything), that pops up. I'm sure at least one of them would like to stay out there for 3-4 hours.

Peaches

Peaches is always SOOOO happy to be out, tearing through the grass, wandering about aimlessly. She zips to and fro, taking in all the sights, smells and sounds she can, because she knows she'll have to go back inside before long.

Now, I say my WIFE likes to take the dogs out for a romp...

When I want to take the dog for a walk, however, I bring the big guns. I don't mess around with a tiny little Dachshund. NOOOO, I go straight for the gusto:

Lead Training

This is my little "pup", Clover. She's been out "taking walks" with me every day since the weather is warm. She actually LIKES going to the mail box in the mornings (I THINK....). She gets especially excited on the return trip because she knows she's gonna get fed when we get back to the barn.

For the most part, she has learned that "the rope always wins", and has gotten used to being walked around with it. Her face is still a bit small for the halter we have, but it will go on soon. For now, this blue rope halter will have to do.

Lead Training

She has also been getting a bit of "stanchion" training, too, so she'll be ready when she has a little pup to lead train.

So far, everything has been going great but - I DO anticipate a struggle when we graduate to "beg", "sit", and "roll over"

No comments:

Post a Comment