If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, March 12, 2012

Motown Mower

A few days ago, I got an e-mail from a man who lives right up the road from me - actually about 25 miles right up the road, but that's not far when you take into account we crossed paths due to the Internet.

At any rate, he had an older Dearborn Mower he bought a few years back, but hadn't been able to use it yet. It had just been sitting, waiting for ....

ME!

He told me his wife didn't like it, so I could come get it if I wanted it. Me, being the Ford (and IH) fanatic that I am, jumped at the chance to bring home a piece of Dearborn equipment!

Last Wednesday, I made the trip north to pick it up. He had it all chained up to his boom pole behind his John Deere, so all I had to do was wait for him to lift it, then back my pickup underneath.

We had it loaded in no time, so we took a tour of his barnyard. He has all sorts of animals - ducks, geese, chickens, sheep, and even "Herd Horses". Evidently, when the horses sense danger, they immediately herd the sheep into the barn and stand guard.

Well, after a really nice visit, I headed on home with my prize - a Dearborn 14-93 Sickle Bar Mower:

14-93 Dearborn Mower

It will probably have to wait for next winter to restore - it's missing a few pieces - but it will be a fun project! It's in really good shape - and the missing parts aren't too hard to find. I'd like to have it for this summer's hay, but I have a couple other projects ahead of it, and other things I need to do this spring.

I REALLY appreciate his kindness and generosity! It's nice to know there are still his kind of people left in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment