If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, April 16, 2006

Time to catch up!

It's been a few days since I last posted! I have been busy trying to get a few things done on the new "barn" for the goats. I now have it partioned into three areas - one for hay, one for milking and one for just a place for the goats to get out of the weather. In between time, I have been fencing and helping the neighbor stack firewood onto pallets. He will take these pallets to another man who has 4 teenagers put it into the bags you see out front of convienience stores. He usually does 30-40 cord a year, but this year he is only doing 14. He's 72 years old so he wants to slow down a bit!

We have been averaging 16 eggs a day from our hens, so tonight I made a LARGE dish of Custard! My wife hates the stuff, so I guess I'll have to "suffer" through it! We have deviled eggs and homemade Angelfood cake a lot! Our dogs are even starting to get tired of scrambled eggs! We give eggs to our friends and neighbors, also. At any given time, there are about 7 dozen in our fridge, so we eat a lot of them! I did manage to tear down the goat pen I had in my tractor shed today. Maybe tomorrow I will get it cleaned out and the tractor back in! The goats are happy to be out in a pasture, though! I'm hoping to at least double the amout of pasture I have fenced off by the Fall. I need to go out into the woods and cut fence posts. More work to do!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,! i'll be right over for some of them eggs!!

    ReplyDelete