If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, February 26, 2007

New Arrivals

We were waiting for one of our goats to kid for the past 2-3 weeks. We didn't catch them "in the act", so we couldn't tell the exact date she was due. She was showing all the signs - restless, soft ligiments, holding her tail up, side had dropped, her bag was full - but she held out on us just like she did last year! The new kids finally arrived on 19 February 2007! We had a boy and a girl. The girl has long ears like her dad and the boy has short ears like his mom. They both are happily frolicing around in the barn with their mom!

My sister was here this weekend, so she went with me to an auction I had planned toattend. It was 20 miles away in Syracuse NE. It was a bit chilly at first, but it was an enjoyable day! The sleet/snow waited until just as the auction ended, so we were able stay for it all and make it back home safely. I didn't have much to spend, but came home with a few small items. I needed a calf waterer for the goats - the kind with a "head hole" in the side for smaller/younger animals. There was a small one there that went for dirt cheap, so I couldn't pass it up.

My other auction finds were a Radial Arm Saw, some odds and ends, a couple platform scales, and a loading chute on steel wheels.

I ran into several friends from the Syracuse and surounding area while at the sale. I hadn't seen a couple of them in about 20 years, so I am glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment