If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, March 5, 2007

A Short Trip.....

We took a short trip to Grand Island NE this Saturday. We weren't sure if we were gong to go, with the weather like it was! On Thursday we recieved 9" of snow and winds blowing over 30 mph. LOTS of cold wind chills and poor visibilities. Friday it was mainly the wind. The county road crews were out, but roads would drift shut right behind the plows. Saturday dawned breezy, but sunny. I got the animals taken care off and checked things over real good so, after calling to check on road conditions, we left at about 7:00 AM. We had a slower than normal trip out, but uneventful. The roads were basically normal for our return trip on Sunday, so we got home around 2:00 PM. The first thing I did was to check on the livestock. As I neared the barn, I heard an unfamiliar voice. I went inside to check things out and found another new kid! The mother was fine when we left on Saturday - the baby hadn't dropped, her ligaments were still tight, she was eating normal and she hadn't "bagged up" like a birth was near. She gave us another little doeling.

We figure she was born sometime Saturday and is doing fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment