If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thievin' Little Rat....

It all started this morning.....

We left the farm at about 8:20 to head for Lincoln to do a few things. I got the goats and chickens fed, and did the milking. I even managed to get within a couple feet of the new evil Kitty while she ate (she WAS watching me.....).

She MIGHT tame down a little after all....

Since we wanted to get things done and get back home as soon as we could, we finished up here and headed out before breakfast.

Deb grabbed a couple of snack cakes and a glass of water for us to eat on the way. She also tossed in a bag of whole roasted Cashews that we got at the Amish store in Jamesport, Missouri last week.

Not really a "breakfast of champions", but it was sufficient.

We only got about 4 miles before we hit a snag. We turned off the highway onto a gravel road - only to find that the county operator had drug out a LARGE ridge of gravel from the side of the road. We had to 'jump' the ridge a few times due to where he left it.

When we got to Lincoln, we found out we had a tire ruined - most likely from something the grader dug up.

On top of that, I didn't get any cashews.......

We ended up getting home later then we wanted, but got home in one piece, after haggling over tires and other things.

Now to the thief.....

We decided to part ways with an old friend.
Our 1997 Ford F-150 is leaving the farm. She has close to 350,000 miles on her and has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. She is leaving us with a lot of memories and travels over the past 8 years, but the time has come.

We were outside cleaning the truck out when we saw one of the barn cats carrying something off. She was already about 100' away. From a distance, we thought it was one of her kittens, but realized that they are too old for that now. I yelled at her "Here, Kitty, Kitty"! She paused, looked at me, then turned away again - then shifted into high gear and took off.

She KNEW she was doing something she shouldn't....

I was already following her, and managed to catch up when one of the other cats slowed her down.

When I made it close enough to retrieve what she was carrying, I was shocked at what I found....

I was expecting a bird, a rabbit or a mouse....

BUT NOOOOO....

She had carted off the bag of cashews.

Thievin' little rat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment