If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing
please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, August 7, 2011

It Wasn't A Monkey On My Back, But A Sheep....

Sort of.

It's been a long, hectic past few months around this Hillbilly farm. Most of the time was spent trying to get things ready for winter (yeah, that "thing" that comes around every year, and lingers for 3-4 months...), and trying to get things ready for me to have a sawbones work on my back.

It seems I had a couple of vertebrae who didn't want to follow the program and go off and do their own thing. Then, they invited their "Cyst-er" to come along for the ride.

Well, their fun and games came to a screeching halt last Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011.

That's when the VA decided to ruin their day, and get me back into "alignment". They performed what they called a "Laminectomy", tossed out the "Cyst-er", and put in a couple fence posts to set me straight.

Here, all this time, we figured there was SOMETHING in there causing all the pain, we had NO IDEA it was a Sheep. The nurse came by yesterday morning (Saturday 6 August), with our checkout papers and started to read to us just what they done to me.

"The first thing they did was perform a "Laminectomy", she began....

"WHAT? They pulled a SHEEP outta my back?", came my puzzled reply.

"Huh....?" came her even MORE puzzled response.

"Ok, a BABY sheep - you know - a LAMB, no WONDER my back hurt so much...."

I have no idea how that sheep got in there, but I am SURE glad it's gone now - I feel a LOT better. That's why we're goat people - never did trust them sheep. We've only had a couple around here over the past years - and look what trouble they caused!

Oh well, at least we're back home now.

The only thing I want explained to me is - WHY, if you run outta thread, who sent the guy to the hardware store to get STAPLES to put me back together with?

Ouch! That's Got to Hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment